Thank you for your interest in serving in The Movement Student Ministries. Check out the opportunities below:
The Movement Middle School needs YOU! The rapidly-growing Middle School ministry has many opportunities to serve--to impact our middle school students. We have a particular need for men to come and serve. Contact Jason Beck to find out how you can get plugged in!
If you are interested in any of the following weekday opportunities or have any questions, please contact us.
- Administration/Organization: Organize people, tasks, props, or events to prepare for Saturday/Sunday youth group or specific activities.
Cell Group Host Home: Open up your home on Wednesday nights from 5:30-9:00 p.m. to allow student-led cell groups to meet at your house. We ask that the host home provide some kind of food and drink each week. Groups usually have about 10-20 students and at least one adult leader. (You may also be the adult leader of your cell group if you would like.)
Cell Group Adult Leader: Attend an assigned cell group each Wednesday night and act as a support and encouragement for the student leader(s). Your job is not to lead the group, but help answer questions and keep the group attentive should the student leader need help.
If you are interested in any of the following weekend opportunities, contact us.
- Host Team: Strive to make every student feel welcomed from the time they arrive until the time they leave, as well as to instill the desire to come back.
- Production: Ensure the service is aesthetically excellent and well run.
- Porch Leader: Attend youth group during weeks of a sermon series and lead a "porch group." Porch groups are 5-10 minute meetings following the message where students break up into smaller groups to further discuss the sermon topic.
- Class Parents: Class Parents are assigned a specific grade level to get to know and pour into throughout the school year.
- Trips: To plan trips where students can get away to be challenged and encouraged spiritually.
- Events: Create activities where students want to invite their friends and their friends want to attend.
- Serving: Organize and lead opportunities for students to serve and model "others first."
- Aftermath: Find ways to provide community after Sunday night services.
If you are interested in serving with Emmanuel's Student Ministry, please complete the two forms listed below, and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
- Student Ministries Volunteer Background Check Form (Required for volunteers 18 and older)
- The Movement Ministry Volunteer Application